If you’re experiencing crashes when attaching files in Outlook 2016, there are a few possible causes. If you’re attaching files from OneDrive or another cloud service, ensure the service is up and running. Try launching Outlook in Safe Mode instead, which turns off all add-ins. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, one of your add-ins is likely causing the issue.
Check your Outlook 2016 version
If you are using Outlook 2016 and experiencing crashes when trying to attach files, the issue may be with your Outlook version. follow these:
- Click on the File tab.
- In the Info section, click on the About button.
If you are using an older version of Outlook 2016, you may need to update to the latest version to fix the issue. To update Outlook 2016, follow these steps:
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Search for Microsoft Office in the search box.
- Follow the prompts to install the latest updates for Outlook 2016.
After updating Outlook 2016, check to see if the issue with attaching files has been resolved.
Check if there are any updates for Outlook 2016
If you’re experiencing Outlook 2016 crashes when attaching files, it’s likely because of a buggy update. To fix the problem, While launching Outlook, keep the Shift key depressed. If the issue is resolved in Safe Mode, an add-in is probably to blame. You can then re-enable add-ins one at a time to narrow down which one is causing the problem.
Another thing to try is resetting the Outlook 2016, Navigation Pane.
Try repairing your Outlook 2016 installation
If you’re experiencing Outlook 2016 crashes when attaching files, it’s likely due to a corrupt installation. Fortunately, you can repair your Outlook 2016 installation to fix the problem.
- Close Outlook 2016 if it’s open.
- Select Programs and Features from the Control Panel menu. From the list of installed apps, choose Microsoft Office 2016, then click Change.
- In the next window, select Quick Repair and click Repair. Restart your computer when the repair is finished, then open Outlook 2016.
You should now be able to attach files without the application crashing. If the problem persists, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Outlook 2016.
Reset Outlook 2016 to its default settings
If your Outlook 2016 keeps crashing when you attach files, you can try resetting Outlook to its default settings. This will not delete any of your emails or settings but will reset any customizations you’ve made to Outlook. To reset Outlook 2016 to its default settings, follow these steps:
- Close Outlook 2016.
- launch Outlook with the resetnavpane switch, which will reset the Navigation pane to its default settings.
- Once Outlook has reset the Navigation pane, close it and relaunch Outlook commonly.
- Close the COM Add-ins dialog box and restart Outlook.
- Go to File > Options > Advanced.
- In the Reset section, click
Reinstall Outlook 2016
If you’re having issues with Outlook 2016 crashing when attaching files, it’s likely due to a corrupt installation.
Here’s how to do it:
- Uninstall Outlook 2016 from your computer.
- Download the Outlook 2016 installation file from Microsoft’s website.
- Once the installation is complete, launch Outlook 2016 and see if the issue has been resolved.
If you’re still having issues with Outlook 2016 crashing when attaching files, it’s possible that there’s something wrong with your Outlook profile. In this case, you can try creating a new Outlook profile and see if that solves the problem.
If you’re experiencing Outlook 2016 crashes when attaching files, you may encounter a compatibility issue with the software. One workaround is to save your attachments to a cloud storage service like Dropbox or Google Drive, then insert a link to the file in your email instead of attaching it directly. If you’re still experiencing crashes, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Outlook 2016 or use an older software version.